POSITION: Administrative Assistant STATUS: Non-exempt; Full Time REPORTS TO: Compliance/Executive Assistant SUPERVISES: None DEPARTMENT: Administration
OFFICIAL DUTY STATION: APHCV-Administrative Office
This position provides administrative support to the Compliance/Executive Assistant in multiple assignments of different activities and tasks associated with Administration. Administrative Assistant shall perform duties based on APHCV’s policies and procedures.
APHCV expects all employees to respond and participate to emergency situation per emergency policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Records Management and Retention
1. File, organize, maintain, and retrieve documents, records, and reports for Administration, CEO, Medical Director, Director of Clinic Operations
2. Retrieve Administration related documents, records, reports, per the request of other Department/Unit managers/supervisors.
3. Assist in records retention and destruction of administrative documents per applicable APHCV policies and procedures.
4. Maintain organization and filing, both in paper and digital format, of organizational meeting materials (e.g. Board of Directors, Strategic and Annual Planning, Total Quality Management Committee, Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance Committee)
B. Administrative and Logistical Support
1. Assist the Compliance/Executive Assistant in compliance activities, including but not limited to:
a. Conducting internal audits to ensure that Departments/Units are complying to their respective policies and procedures (e.g. Exit Process for Non-Employee Procedure, Key Control, Conflict of Interest Procedure, Staff Training Procedure, Inventory of Equipment Containing ePHI Procedure, etc.)
b. Run the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS) check on consultants, contractors, and vendors via the System for Award Management (SAM) website.
2. Assist in the review and implementation of policies and procedures in Health Dox.
a. Review and edit policies and procedures to ensure spelling, grammar, and formatting is correct prior to publishing
b. Develop monthly policy and procedure implementation tracking reports and notify Department/Unit managers/supervisors if there are action items listed in their respective Department/Unit’s policies and procedures that need to be implemented during a particular month
c. Ensure Department/Units are completing the implementation activities per their department/unit’s policies and procedures by requesting and filing documentation from the Department/Unit manager/supervisor
3. Assist in planning and scheduling meetings, teleconferences, and conferences
4. Develop PowerPoint presentations as directed by Compliance/Executive Assistant
5. Sort CEO, Medical Director, and Director of Clinic Operations’ mail and correspondences
6. File various clinic related reports received from Health Care LA, IPA (HCLA) and MHLA in SharePoint and notify respective clinic staff
7. Assist in handling proposals, contracts, agreements, amendments, etc.
8. Assist in responding to general inquiries and requests.
9. Assist in drafting and copying letters, documents, etc.
10. Assist in developing the agenda, arrange lunch, set up meeting room, and take minutes for the Provider Education and Quality Improvement meeting
11. Assist in completing applications/forms for clinic programs for APHCV clinic sites such as CHDP, MHLA, and other payor programs.
12. Assist in maintaining, updating, and renewing/reapplying agency’s general information recorded in external entities.
13. Prepare Administration related invoices for payment
14. Review, copy, and mail out all agency checks
15. Sort and distribute incoming HR/Admin fax correspondences
16. Provide Administrative Office front desk support (e.g. greet visitors, provide security name tags according to APHCV’s policies and procedures, maintain
1. Provide various support for meetings and special projects as assigned by Executive Assistant.
2. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Assistant.
Maintain professionalism and excellent customer service at all times with visitors and staff regardless of cultural, educational, socio-economic and linguistic background.
Mail out all agency checks within 1-2 business days or as directed by check requester.
Respond and/or send out any requested Administrative related documents, information, correspondences on or before the deadline.
Maintain high level attendance pattern to ensure the department is accurately covered at all times.
Minimum of Associates degree or two-year experience in administrative function
Experience in handling confidential information with appropriate diligence
Possess professionally acceptable written and verbal communication skills
Must take initiative and be self-directed
Demonstrated ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
Organizational and detail skills
High energy level and ability to work in a team environment
Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressures and strict deadline
Ability to prioritize work well focusing on task that needs to be done timely.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
HR PROCEDURAL REQUIREMENTS:
Legal authorization to work in the United States
A valid California Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile
Completion of APHCV Health Assessment Form
Completion of DOJ background check
Multi-tasking and time management skills
Proficient in English spelling and grammar
Must be able to materially perform the task normally associated with the position including but not limited to: lifting up to 25 lbs.
Belmont Health Center
El Monte/Rosemead Health Center
Los Feliz Health Center
John Marshall High School Health Center *
*Open to JMHS students only.
APHCV's mission is to be the medical home for our patients by providing personalized, quality health care services in a culturally accessible manner.