POSITION: Call Center Operator I (Mandarin/Cantonese)
STATUS: Non-exempt; Full time
REPORTS TO: Call Center Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Clinic Operations
OFFICIAL DUTY STATION: Administrative Office
APHCV expects all Clinic Operations (CO) Staff to be a part of the revenue cycle process that contributes to the optimization of capturing, management and collection of patient service revenue.
As APHCV is in the business to serve patients, APHCV is committed to the provision of patient centric care at all levels, from the Clinic Operations Call Center Operator, Front Office and Medical Interpreters (and beyond).
This position will be receiving and relaying incoming telephone calls for APHCV.
The Call Center Operator is expected to meet benchmarks and/or expectations set by Clinic Operations Manager in consultation with the Management Team. The Call Center Operator staff is collectively responsible for call center performance and meeting agency expectations.
APHCV expects all employees to respond and participate to emergency situation per emergency policies and procedures and follow APHCV policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answer incoming telephone calls for APHCV.
2. Retrieve telephone messages and follows up with appropriate actions.
3. Be responsible for testing the automated reminder call system on a weekly basis.
4. Run eligibility for new patients with managed care Medi-Cal insurance and instructs patients accordingly.
5. Screen telephone calls to ensure routing to the appropriate department or individual.
6. Make calls to reschedule and/or cancel appointments when necessary
7. Conduct reminder calls.
8. Task Triage Nurses and Referral Nurses and also respond to the various tasks accordingly.
9. Utilize the Telephone Call template to document pertinent information and communication activities related to the patient’s call in a timely manner per policy and procedure.
10. Ensure complete and accurate data entry during telephone patient registration process.
11. Create globe account when scheduling an appointment for new patient (search and verify the patient information before creating new globe account to avoid duplication of records).
12. Create patient chart for IPA member and non-IPA member upon receiving tasks from On Call provider, Triage Nurse or Medical Records unit.
13. Create and deactivates NextGen EPM alerts as needed.
14. Utilize park, paging and voicemail systems to ensure proper routing of telephone calls.
15. Provide general information about APHCV e.g. directions, scope of services, available programs and etc.
16. Attend and participate in clinic staff meetings and trainings: always come prepared with a notebook and a pen.
17. Respond to Patient Portal messages.
18. Conduct patient recall (such as inactive chronic conditions, CHDP, etc.) via i2itrack system and health plan member list.
19. Change and update Primary Care Provider for patients.
20. Forward patient’s concern and feedback to appropriate personnel within APHCV for resolution and optimization of clinic efficiency.
21. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
1. Maintain professionalism and excellent customer service at all times with patients, caregivers, and staff regardless of cultural, education, socio-economic and linguistic background.
2. Speak clearly, distinctly and professionally on telephone and face to face patient encounters.
3. Maintain high level attendance pattern to ensure department is accurately covered at all times.
4. Work as a team player and assisting co-workers in other duties within his/her capabilities, to aid the clinic team in providing good efficient patient care
5. Improve call center performance flow by working effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
6. Work Saturdays and evening hours as scheduled.
7. Maintain open communication with other clinic staff.
8. Meet other performance expectations as conveyed by supervisor(s).
• High school diploma and (preferably) 1-year minimum working experience in a Community Based Organization or Customer Service.
• Proficiency in written and verbal English and Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Pleasant telephone manner.
• Proficiency in PC– working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, NextGen, Intranet and Internet.
• Ability to prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely manner.
HR PROCEDURAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• A valid California Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile.
• Completion of APHCV Health Assessment Form.
• Completion of DOJ background check.
Must be able to materially perform the task normally associated with the position including but not limited to: ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Belmont Health Center
El Monte/Rosemead Health Center
Los Feliz Health Center
John Marshall High School Health Center *
*Open to JMHS students only.
APHCV's mission is to be the medical home for our patients by providing personalized, quality health care services in a culturally accessible manner.