POSITION: Care Team Assistant
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full time
REPORTS TO: Care Manager
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Department
PRIMARY LOCATION: APHCV-Los Feliz Health Center
SUMMARY: This position assists the Care Manager for critical function for quality assurance for APHCV patients by following up with reminder calls and recall for those patients that due for all in accordance with policy and procedures set by APHCV. This function is to ensure that incompliant patients have been notified, linked to follow up and care team activities are appropriately completed in a timely manner. Though the focus is on improvement of quality measures and, there are some general duties related to reminder calls and recalls.
APHCV expects all employees to respond and participate to emergency situation per emergency policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct call reminders/recall in accordance with APHCV set policies, procedures, and clinical guidelines
2. Engage in patients, their families, and their caregivers in such a way that is understanding, culturally aware, empathetic and linguistically appropriate.
3. Work with various clinic staff (medical interpreters, nursing staff) if any linguistic barriers of communication exist.
4. Answer phone calls or leave proper voicemails for patients, families, caregivers, or legal guardians if appropriate.
5. Use website/computer software to generate distinctive data and assist care manager with various tasks pertaining to data analysis of quality measures
6. Send out follow up letters if patient does not pick up telephone call after numerous attempts
7. Provide proper education on various diseases, complications, or conditions and stress the importance of prevention and treatment if applicable.
8. Report to data to care manager on a monthly basis.
9. Assist care manager with tasks that related to distinctive quality measures
10. Conduct phone calls and set up appointments in a timely manner
11. Use excel and input data, document, and keep track of patients
12. Review patients electronic medical records using computer software/ applications
13. Meet performance measures goals by care manager
• Care team assistant shall implement Quality Improvement (QI) activities on a monthly/ weekly basis
• care team assistant Complete all activities directed by care manager, and quality committee
• graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program & BCLS certified
• high school diploma and GED
• Regular or predictable attendance during clinic hours
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately with minimum supervision
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Able to use health care related computer software/applications
HR Procedural requirements:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States
• A valid California Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile
• Completion of APHCV Health Assessment Form
• Completion of DOJ background check
• able to communicate in English and at least one of the following languages: Thai, Khmer, Tagalog, Vietnamese, or Spanish
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, economic, and linguistic backgrounds
• ability to teach others or provide proper information
• Ability to have patience and convey a warm, caring attitude for patients and staff
Must be able to materially perform the task normally associated with the position including but not limited to: ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Belmont Health Center
El Monte/Rosemead Health Center
Los Feliz Health Center
John Marshall High School Health Center *
*Open to JMHS students only.
APHCV's mission is to be the medical home for our patients by providing personalized, quality health care services in a culturally accessible manner.