POSITION: Grant Writer
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Fund Development
REPORTS TO: Fund Development Coordinator
OFFICIAL DUTY STATION: Admin Office
Under the direction of his/her supervisor, the Grant Writer will be responsible for researching, developing and writing inquiries, letters, and proposals requesting funds to support Asian Pacific Health Care Venture, Inc. (APHCV) programs and services. The Grant Writer will also be responsible for tracking and monitoring proposals, their deadlines and requirements. This position includes maintaining accurate computer and hard copy records of documents, phone calls, and visits of funders and prospects. The Grant Writer creates, shares, and writes content for APHCV social media channels.
APHCV expects all employees to respond and participate to emergency situations per emergency policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Research, develop and write inquiries, letters, proposals and other fundraising documents.
a. Research and identify potential donors by reviewing APHCV files, following-up on leads, reading health care and health care policy periodicals, and analyzing funding reference tools such as annual reports, foundation directories, and IRS 990’s.
b. Develop proposal and other request concepts in conjunction with his/her supervisor, Chief Executive Officer, Director of Clinic Operations, Director of Facilities, Department Managers and Unit Supervisors.
c. Write accurate and interesting inquiries, letters and proposals requesting funds from individual, corporate and foundation prospects. Write acknowledgement letters and reports to corporate and foundation donors.
d. Identify new funders to support programs. Meet with program staff to determine funding needs and program planning.
e. Ensure that all drafts and feedback from APHCV staff are completed in a timely manner.
f. Ensure that all submissions and correspondences with foundation and corporate staff is completed on time. 2. Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements.
a. Maintain tracking system for grant, renewal, and report deadlines.
b. Monitor results of written requests, such as proposal acceptance rate.
c. Coordinate the efforts of key staff members to ensure that documents are completed by the specified deadlines.
3. Maintain accurate computer and hard copy records.
a. Maintain accurate and updated electronic files of donors and prospects including copies of correspondence, proposals, reports, and notes on significant phone conversations or donor visits.
b. Work in conjunction with administrative and fiscal staff to ensure that corporate and foundation gifts are logged on Raiser’s Edge.
4. Prepare monthly content calendar for timely and concise postings on social media.
a. Regularly creates engaging written and visual content to share on social media.
b. Share relevant, timely content on social media.
c. Promote APHCV services and programs on social media and APHCV website.
5. Additional duties.
a. Attend and serve as staff support for fundraising events.
b. Contribute ideas and participate in the planning of department-wide projects and overall development operations.
c. Assist with writing for public relations materials including annual reports, newsletters, press releases, and other publications.
d. Complete regular weekly content updates to the APHCV website and social media applications.
e. Assist in the research and development of APHCV’s annual needs assessment.
f. Assist in other fundraising and engagement activities, such as presentations, meeting with funders, etc.
1. Successfully submit grants by deadlines.
2. Maintain productivity of proposal submissions.
3. Proposals are approved for funding.
4. Perform weekly website calendar updates.
5. Schedule posts and maintain social media content calendar.
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in Public Health or related field preferred.
2. Knowledge of health service program planning is preferred.
3. Strong organizational, interpersonal, computer, and research skills.
4. Ability to write accurate, compelling narrative that uses grammar and spelling correctly.
5. Ability to multitask and perform under deadlines and changing schedules.
6. Ability to organize and balance project budgets.
7. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
HR PROCEDURAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Legal authorization to work in the United States
2. A valid California Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile
3. Completion of APHCV Health Assessment Form
4. Completion of DOJ background check
Must be able to materially perform the task normally associated with the position including but not limited to: ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Belmont Health Center
El Monte/Rosemead Health Center
Los Feliz Health Center
John Marshall High School Health Center *
*Open to JMHS students only.
APHCV's mission is to be the medical home for our patients by providing personalized, quality health care services in a culturally accessible manner.