How to Get Testing from APHCV
- APHCV Call Center operators will screen you and determine whether testing is needed.
- If the needed test is determined, Call Center Operators will make a telephone/telehealth appointment with a Provider. Depending on your insurance coverage, a fee may be applied to your visit.
- In the telephone/telehealth appointment with a Provider you will be asked some of the following questions to determine timing for testing in order to obtain accurate results:
- How long have you had symptoms?
- When was your last known exposure a person with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case
- Other questions and education about isolation or quarantine will also be provided
- At the end of the telephone/telehealth visit, the Provider will order COVID-19 testing.
- A Medical Assistant will provide you with a testing appointment at one of our 3 clinic sites listed above.
- The telephone/telehealth appointment and testing appointment MAY not be on the same day due to laboratory capacity.
- Please go to the assigned testing site on your appointment date.
- All COVID-19 tests are done outdoors while you remain in your car or in a tent at the testing site.
- At your testing site, please follow the instructions of on-site staff.
- Results will be uploaded to your Patient Portal account or will be available with your Provider
COVID-19 testing is appointment based. Unscheduled walk-ins are not allowed, so please call for an appointment.
Please arrive on time to your appointment. If you arrive late, your testing appointment may need to be rescheduled.
Testing Site Instructions
Once you arrive at your testing location, please follow the instructions below.
**Please make sure that you are wearing a mask at all times during your appointment and prior to performing the test.**
*Please also make sure to arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late, you may be rescheduled*
If you’re driving:
As you enter the parking lot, please follow parking attendant’s instruction and park your car at the designated parking area.
You’ll receive a phone number to call to check-in for your testing appointments. Please call as soon as you park your car.
Please remain in your car and a staff member will come and provide you with a testing kit for you to collect specimen.
If you do not have a car:
Please proceed to the patient screening area. The staff will instruct you to wait outside away from other patients.
Staff will come and provide you with a testing kit for you to collect specimen.